Blog dostępny również pod adresem izabelaszmit.wordpress.com
(dostęp do serwisu blogspot został częściowo utrudniony w Turcji)

niedziela, 2 stycznia 2011

Turkish coffee fortune telling

Happy New Year 2011 !!!

On Friday afternoon I left office earlier than usually, because my dear booked my ticket for 5 pm. And if I would go to Istanbul as usually after work, I would get there around midnight. Firstly we had dinner made by G and H. My dear knows how to cook proper Turkish rice, and H knows the rests. We also had börek made by G's mum, apparently for me. After dinner and obligatory tea, we chose a movie, wine, cheese and sweets from Poland – Michalki by Wawel.


Our choice was Lost in Translation. Once we started to watch it, taste the first bottle of wine and then the second and chat, we did not realized that the movie has finished and moreover the year has ended up. Only loudly fireworks 15 mins after midnight reminded us why we are here. So in total we had a nice, calm evening in pajamas with a good movie and vintage wine (French from Dubai and 
Portugal from Samsun).


the view on Blue Mosque on the left and Aya Sophia on the right

İstanbul Haydarpaşa Terminal - the building of train station from 1872,
from this point set off trains to Bagdad, and recently some...
(no comment) caused the fire inside and we were not allowed to get inside

New Year brought us beautiful weather, sun and 10 degrees. In the afternoon after looong breakfast, G and I went to Kadıköy for shopping. When we felt like drinking coffee… all of sudden I saw big white piece of paper on the wall with a sign in Turkish: Turkish coffee + fortunetelling for free… I just could not skip it, especially on the first day of New Year. I badgered G and of course we went there. When we ordered out coffee surely fortunetelling was for free, but just one coffee cost 25 TL (50 PLN) !!! Allahallah !!! But… still… we had to do it.


turkish coffee is being served with a glass of water,
the legend says that it is because coffee was used to poison people
and water caused some reactions
so it was possible to check it before being poisoned
so glass of water means: you are safe...


preparing coffee for fortune telling

Firstly, our fortune teller took G to another table and she told him that according to numerology we fit to each other, we similar character features, but we are also patient only to some extent and then we both explode… She also said that G will be promoted and between 4 and 5 months of this year something important will happen in his life. This is what he told me.

Now what she told me: firstly I had to think about my wish, and she was opening tarot cards, and she said it will come truth. Then I was asking some questions, and she continued with cards, and answered, that I have to wait for marriage because of family issues, even if my relationship is official already, that İ will have two daughters in app 3 years, that on 10th of January I will get important information considering my carrier, that even if I lose a lot of money now, it will come back sooner than I expect, that my life in Turkey will be difficult cause İ am single, but country will welcome me favorably and nothing wrong will happen to me, that İ will find job soon, which will not be my dream job yet, but will be lucrative, that now I have a lot of issues in my head and it does not let me sleep at night, but soon everything will be clear…

There is Turkish sentence: Fala inanma, falsız da kalma – You should not believe in divination, but you should not dismiss it.

And today (on Sunday) I came back to Bursa, and G to Gölcük. The following meeting probably will be on Friday, if he will not stay on duty.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz