Blog dostępny również pod adresem izabelaszmit.wordpress.com
(dostęp do serwisu blogspot został częściowo utrudniony w Turcji)

czwartek, 30 grudnia 2010

New Year’s resolutions

The end of the year is close, so it is a time for New Year's resolution. Do you also feel the same? Every year I spend some time on preparing the list of resolutions and I usually write it down in my notebook, in order to forget about them… and do not feel frustration. The last resolutions were not connected with New Year and maybe that is why I fulfilled them. I know it because I wrote them down on my Gmail account, and the best proof that I fulfilled what I said is that I am here in Turkey… So what in 2011?

  1. Sunday planning time with calendar. For all of my friends I seem to be a person who has everything under control especially time, but the truth is slightly different. I know, that maybe I should not write it here, because everyone is reading, but resolution is resolution must be written down. And yes… Kasia W-A this order on my desk at previous work was just to cover… all of what was under the desk, cause you never looked under. I am in favor of sentence: the less time you have, the more time you have, what matters is your time management. That is why I care about having a lot to do and thanks to this I can have even more. 

  2. To avoid 'time consumers'. I already rarely use Nasza klasa (polish social network). It will be hard to get rid of Facebook completely, but I can try to limit it at least.

  3. 5 minutes daily for home budget. This is important point, because I would like to show you financial side of my life in Turkey, to make it more possible to believe, that such an internship is really possible. I wish to prove that living on your own abroad in such a country like Turkey can be great pleasure for everyone, not only rich. Till now together with L we have managed to take care about our common expenses and we run our common budget online.

  4. Systematic Turkish and German classes. It will cost me at least additional one hour daily, but it must be done.

  5. To find a job or another internship in Turkey. I have activated my huge job searching machine, from social capital to sending application starting from January. It must be successful! There is no other way!

  6. To roll 2 projects, people who should know what I am talking about… know what I am talking about, so shhhhh…

  7. And the most difficult… KEEP my weight. In total I am in Turkey 2 months and I already got rid of 2 kilos, which means that I broke down magic 60 kilos. The last time when the weight showed such a result was in my high school. On Christmas time in Poland I have tried on and zipped and even bought jeans one size smaller than usually. This is something serious, because one size is 1 inch, so 2,5 cm in my hips. This is just because of everyday 20 minutes fast walk to catch my bus service and to return back home. None would believe in being on the diet… in Turkey. Firstly I was never able to count calories, secondly I feel like a main character of 'Eat, pray and love' in the first and last parts at the same time. So you will ask why keeping the weight will be so difficult? Because sooner or later I expect the revenge for tones of white bread, French cake in baklava and borek, baklava itself, helva, uzum pekmezi and liters of olive oil and sweet tea.

And I think that is enough – 7 bullet points – not too much and not too few – happy medium. I encourage you to make New Year's resolutions – you never know, which one will be successful. Polish Radio Zet was running a campaign on its website not so long ago, unfortunately I can not find it now. It is a pity, because first step to change something in your life is to tell people around you about this change (my dear psychologists, isn't it truth?). And the best method is to share it with best friend and ask for result control from time to time in a year.

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve – the last day of the year. I plan to run away from my office 3 hours earlier, jump in to the bus going to Istanbul and then fall into my darling's arms. We are planning to spend this evening with his cousin and his wife at their place, so it will be calm and nice. I will cover it when I will come back. And what are your plans?

And wishes…


In new and shinny 2011 I wish everyone
good fortune from Turkish coffee,
high flights on Turkish carpet
and more sweet moments in your life
than there is sugar in baklava and helva together!!!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz